OMake Users and Projects (partial list)
The following companies, groups and projects that are known to use
OMake. We have just started collecting the information about OMake
users; the list is likely to contain only a small portion of all the
OMake users and projects.
To update the information in this list, contact the OMake
mailing list or Aleksey
- Mojave Research Group,
- Headed by Jason
Hickey — OMake creator
- MetaPRL Proof Assistant and
Logical Framework — 100+ directories, 2800+ files,
230+ KLoc (including 30+ KLoc of LibMojave library); languages:
- OMake itself — 50+ directories, 500+ files, 70+ KLoc (including 30+ KLoc of LibMojave library);
languages: OCaml, C.
- A number of smaller projects
- HRL Laboratories, LLC
- Aleksey Nogin — one of
the core OMake developers — have joined HRL in August
- Uses OMake in a number of projects
- Jane Street Capital,
LLC — a specialist in over 350 derivative financial products
on several major exchanges.
- OMake is the primary build system for the research and
- Lexifi — a company
that provides software for designing and managing complex financial
- Lexifi has switched its build system to OMake.
base is made mostly of sources in MLFi (their own dialect of OCaml,
about 250 Kloc), C# (90 Kloc) and C (10 Kloc). The platforms
Lexifi supports are Win32 (Microsoft and Mingw toolchains) and Linux.
- According to Alain Frisch, moving to OMake was very enjoyable
and the result is a drastic gain in compactness, efficiency and
robustness of their build system.
Pierce and a few other members of the Programming Languages
Club, Department of Computer & Information Science, School
of Engineering and Science, University of Pennsylvania
- RiskMetrics Group
— a financial risk management company
- OMake is used by the research group — 100s LaTeX files, some C++, some Java
a typesetting system, “Ant is not TeX” — 15+
directories, 200+files, 45+KLoc, language: OCaml
- Center for Algorithms and Interactive Scientific Software,
The City College of New York
- CAISS-Stat project — 24MB, 3000+ files, 75+KLoc
(only the C++ back-end is managed by OMake)
Languages Research Group, Department of Computer Science, The
University of Maryland, College Park
- Milawa Proof
Checker — 25+ directories, 125+ files, 38+KLoc; language:
- Objective Caml
Reactive Toolkit — 10+ directories, 90+ files, 4+ KLoc;
languages: OCaml, C.
The above KLoc (thousands of lines of code) estimates are
computed using David A.
Wheeler's 'SLOCCount' utility.